Re: [AMC-List] Plastic Valve Covers on the 258

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 12:15 +0000, jackbarncord@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > Very, very common problem. Get an aftermarket aluminum cover from 4WD
> > hardware or similar place and it will clear up the problems. I have one
> > on each of my Eagles and I like the 4WD one better but YMMV.
> > Wayne

Here's pictures of the aluminum cover I used, I got from Andre Jacobs
(on this list). I had severe clearance problems in the 1970 Hornet
chassis (but fixed them) that don't seem to exist in all years.

http://wps.com/AMC/1970-AMC-Hornet/May2005.html

Nice looking cover, and seals well now that I used non-hardening
Permatex. Requires tapping the existing plastic-cover dowel holes; and I
had to cut the bolts to the exact length for each hole. Fiddly but
reliable.