[AMC-List] Un-alternating....

I am hoping that only brushes in my alternator are bad...  65 American,
Does anyone know long after '65 the same altinator was used??
According to TSM I have brushes are easily replaced, going to try to
change brushes before I scrap the entire unit.  Local parts store lost
my main guy to new hardware store in town...  kids left on counter know
how to tap into computer only.....  you guys know the deal, cars did
not exist before '70 or so in computer databases......  Parts book,
whats that????

thanks in advance..

J.