Re: swing outs - Comments from a new Gremlin Time Member

Re: swing outs - Comments from a new Gremlin Time Member

Cool! now I know more about the swing out windows. Thanks for posting.
Perhaps I will just put the swing outs I have out of my junk '76 Into my good
'76. I want my '73 Grem to be as original as she can be, I don't want to put
something on her that dosen't belong there. She has a lot of rare options so I
want to restore her back to perfection...or at least as close as I can get for a
back yard mechanic using an old barn for a garage. :)
As far as other peoples discussions about Gremlin value, I say right on Terry!
Who cares what they are worth as long as you like the car and enjoy driving it.
On the flip side of that, I would pay a lot for a real nice Gremlin, er... that is if I
had the $$ to do so. I would love to have that little two seater, but I have other
Gremmies that need me. I think personally people get hung up on the whole
classic thing. I'd much rather have something that no one else has. It's also
much more fun, when you find one or find a part for one it's so exciting
because there are not many around. I wouldn't be suprised if that one day
these guys with there Mustangs and '57 Chevs figure out what has been
going on unnoticed all this time and then start wanting Gremlins, Then I'll
have to find something else abscure to collect. tee hee! After all everyone
was junking the little Nash Metropolitans back in the '70's then all of a sudden
they became very popular. Now try and get one reasonable. I think the same
thing happened with the little Nash Ramblers on a smaller scale. I think in a
small way the Grems are starting to make an impression. I see em on
commercials, TV shows, and an occasional one on the big screen. As far as I
am concerned they have all ready made it to classicdom. :)
Later, Kevin Blah blah blah