Re: [gremlintime] Re: Insurace Update, Request for Classifieds

Re: [gremlintime] Re: Insurace Update, Request for Classifieds

I don't know what condition your car is in...but I have had similar
difficulty with insurance companies (The Hartford) lowballing me. My accident
was in December and wasn't settled until late January.

Anyway, my 1976 AMC Gremlin Custom is Sienna Orange with the stock white
rallye stripes and effects on the rear pillar rakes. It has a roof rack and
original Turbocast II aluminum wheels as well as a very nice condition
Potomac Stripe interior. No a/c, and a very old and pathetic tape deck with
two teeny speakers mounted on the transmission tunnel. In fact, the only
mechanical options are delay wipers, 258 six, column AT, and power steering.
No power brakes...heck they're all drums, even.

Mine was in very good, though not close to excellent shape...a "3" condition
with 146,000 miles. The paint was original and good, the interior still nice
and so on.

The original gas cap was stolen just an hour before the insurance adjuster
came by, though (what luck) and it had been scratched up in a few places.

The comany quoted me $1075.00...leaving me with $800 and the car being mine.
I was able to get an $1100.00 check in the end.

If you want more info...if I can help, I'll be glad to.

Rhett <><

<< So, the guy in some-generic-posistion-whose-title-escapes-me said I
could give him some alternate classifieds that he would give to the
"appraisal company for consideration." Well, I may not be have much
luck in my endeavor, but I would appreciate it if y'all could forward
any 73 or 74 Gremlin classifieds you find out there to me. >>