X=V8 Gremlins

Hi there Jeremy,
I gotta disagree with you on this one. First of all,the X package
came out before there was a V8 available on the Gremlin. Second, AMC
sold only about 40,000 V8 Gremlins in comparison to the total Gremlin
sales of about 800,000.Just because a person wants a sporty car
doesn't automatically mean they want a gas guzzling V8 under the
hood.Lastly, by the time the late 70s rolled around, the 304 had the
same horsepower as the 2 barrel six,so it didn't even make sense to
offer the V8 anymore. Lastly after lastly, I have always had six
cylinders in my AMC and I have never felt that the car did not have
enough power.
Peace
Paul

--- In gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx, GremlinGrn@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 3/23/00 6:07:06 AM Mountain Standard Time,
> gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << The 360 or 401 were just way too big and heavy and would not
have
> sold at all. >>
>
> ALL AMC V8s are the same weight and external dementions from about
68 when
> they came out till 91 or2 when they were killed by Chrysler. This
includes
> 290/304 343/360 390/401 They are all the same basic engine. Any
Gremlin with