Re: Dudley's compliment to me (blush!)... :D

Re: Dudley's compliment to me (blush!)... :D

 Aw, gee, Dudley, thanks! I do try to contribute where I can. After all,
other than a few other guys, I think I'm third ( AFAIK ) with as many
Gremlins as I have. I know of a guy in Minnesota who has 10, I think, and
Brian in PA or NY has all the cool AMC factory ones along with others, too.
Not sure of HIS total, though. Not that I"m trying to accumlate the MOST
Gremlins ( heh heh! ), just trying to save as many as possible. And save
valuable parts, too. This Group is designed to help others, so I try to do
that ( even you MIGHT want to put a Chevy, Ford, or Mopar motor in one! ). My
premise always has been to SAVE the CAR, the motor is secondary. Sure it'd be
nice to have it all-AMC, but if finances and circumstances don't allow it, at
least save the darned Gremlin body! A motor can be replaced later, the car
will be lost forever if discarded because of a narrow mindset. I still want
to do a V-16 Allison engine conversion to a Gremlin, I mean to call that
junkyard this year to see if that '37 Fire Engine is still in the yard with
the V-16 motor in it. IF so, I may try to acquire it, finally. OPEN FIRE
Gremlin, yahoo! I got a raise at work, my mortgage decreased thru
refinancing, so maybe I can spare the change necessary to acquire that
honkin' motor! LOL. Even if it never ran, it'd be an awesome show vehicle!
Well, guess I"ll work on my club newsletter today some, clean up the
basement some more,and watch the snow flutter down and drown us in 12" or
more of the white stuff. Enjoy your weekend!

Jerry. Gonna take some pictures of snow-covered Gremlins...