Day Two of Gremlin driving to work on bad carb... P-U !

Day Two of Gremlin driving to work on bad carb... P-U !

 Wow, that carb is runnin' rich! I stunk up the highway, but got to work
and back without blowing up, burning up, or stalling. I had to order a new
carb, none in stock locally, of course, hopefully either tomorrow night or
Thursday I'll have a new 1-bbl carb for the Gremlin, I can't put it off any
longer, I NEED a spare car! The truck isn't fixed yet, either, as the shop
ran over on other projects.
I am now carrying a fire extinguisher with me, just in case the carb
decides to blow and start leaking ( it did once before, then mysteriously
quit on it's own, one reason I quit driving it ). But I need a car NOW , so
gotta risk it. Got my tools, flashlight, and extinguisher, so I hope I'm all
set. :O)
I also have a new "car pool" ride, my stepson is now working for my
company, as he needed a job, and I was headed that way anyway, and we just
lost 2 part-time students to school again... :) So, he'll have a guaranteed
ride to work every morning, and a human alarm clock to boot ( or my boot in
... never mind! ). So it's all working out so far. And he can help push if
the car dies enroute! LOL. What a deal. Well, off to bed, hopefully I'll get
my Gremlin fixed this week, and only have "blue" smoke to worry about instead
of black, too.
On a side note, one of my stepson's friends is looking for a reasonably
priced driver Gremlin, up to $1,500 or so ( near Virginia, I ain't comin' to
Oregon, James!!!! ). even though I have EIGHT, I don't want to get rid of any
of my good ones except the project car, and no one wants THAT one anyway for
$250 ( so far ). Maybe I'll try to get that Mello Yellow '74 at teh farm
going, it's interior is trashed, and I"ll need to get a title for it, but it
did run and move.
Well, this is really it, g'night, folks!

Jerry in Virginia
(bracing for more "wintery mix" Wed. morning....)