'74 Gremlin gets "new" carb, off of '72...runs better, but...

'74 Gremlin gets "new" carb, off of '72...runs better, but...

 I decided to switch the carb which I know ran sweet on the '72 sunroof
Gremlin, onto my Kenosha-trip '74. It definitely ran better, but there is
still a "lug" in the idle, I guess I'll have to pull the valve cover off to
check the valve lifters for travel, wear, etc. The idle at least smoothed
out, and doesn't miss and surge as the other carb did. The only difference in
the two carbs that I saw was heat choke vs. electric, and the gas filter
setup was different. Other than that, identical for the most part. Don't know
why the gold '74 carb leaked gas badly last week, I started it up yesterday,
and no leaks, ran fine, must have been a stuck float or something. Weird.
Anyway, that's my small AMC project for the week, might try driving it some,
if I get time, locally, to make sure it's running ok again. Guess I"ll go see
if my Kenosha pics at CVS are ready, getting them processed about 2-3 rolls
every 2 weeks, to spread out the cost. I'd have cost me about 250 smackers
all at once if I did all 21 rolls! LOL. Oh well, they look good so far. :)
Time to go,

Jerry