Re: [gremlintime] Levi's Gremlin in Fulton, KY?

Re: [gremlintime] Levi's Gremlin in Fulton, KY?

Mildred,
Freddie's right about the Gremlin always being your car. My first car was a 66 mustang fastback. My Dad took it away from me when I moved out on my own because it took too much maintenance for a young girl on her own to take good care of. It went to the older of my 3 younger brothers who drove it until he bought his own vehicle & then to my middle brother who sold it for $1000 after driving it for several years. The man who bought it reconditioned it & drives it in parades & takes it to car shows a couple of times a year. He's owned it for almost 20 years, but that mustang is still MY car.

The funny thing about this whole thing was that when I had the mustang, I kept it washed vacuumed & even learned to do simple maintenance procedures like changing the oil. The car my Dad replaced it with, had a sprung cross-member so I had to replace tires on it every few months. It also leaked & burned oil! I got to where I didn't put oil in the car unles I was going somewhere. If the car sat for several days, I'd end up putting in 5 qts of oil at a time. & this was to replace a car that was too high maintenance for me to take care of? It would have been cheaper for me to drive the mustang!
Karla
luvdmouse