From: "rjstrong" <rjstrong@xxxx>
To: <gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 4:39 AM
Subject: [gremlintime] what do i do

> all right gang
> got some questions and need some help ive been listening to the debate on
here for some time now about keep it amc or some thing else i have also
heard people say keep it original insted of turning a 6 to an 8 well what to
do i now need to decide because my 258 is on its last leg and needs some
help i knew it was weak when i baught but i really wanted the gremlin so i
got it anyway
> so here are my questions
> 1.can i make a 258 scream and how if any one out there can tell me so i
can have the machine shop build it that would be cool and roughly what would
that cost i reallize prices may very but just so i have an idea
> 2.what would be a guess on how much a basic rebuild would cost and i can
add 4 barrel and exhaust and air in take system my self i know how much
that stuff costs
> 3.a v8 304 360 401 is there any others that are amc so when asking around
i know what to look for
> 4. what would be recamended for a transmission with any of those or even
for the 258 since mine isnt the best or can i use the auto thats in there if
i have it rebuilt
> 5.and then the rear end in mine is good but is it good for a v8 or a
screaming 258
> 6. with out any one gripping and moaning since i was a chevy man befor i
ever got my gremlin i do have a couple sbcs (just keeping my options
open)what are some things i would need to know about installing one them
cutting? welding? new what ? i dont really want to cut nothing or change a
whole lot to the integrity of the vehicle but like i said just checking my
options

> if any one can help thanks and if these questions sound kinda dumb deal
with me i can do about any thing to a chevy but amc is some what new to me
so iam doing my home work befor i make any hasty desicions

> it may end up that i have to take my time at this and save up some cash
but that would be ok for me its all about the gremlin but i do want to stay
some what economical because iam not made of cash here (altough the wife
thinks so lol)