Compression minimums

Hi again,
We are looking into making that 75 Gremlin (258) of my son's into a runner.
Will need Springs (76 hornets should work) and running well enough to smog.
Finally tested the Compression last night. If the tester is working, got 120
to 130 on cyl 2-5 (couldnt get to 1 yet, AC in the way), but #6 is only
showing about 90 to 100psi.
He seems to have lost the Haynes book I bought him, maybe we will find it
today. The AMC book for that car just shows 150psi. If anyone knows what the
minimum we should mess with before we just start looking for an engine swap
(what is the easiest source for a 258, jeeps or stay with the cars of
75-76). Don't go to too much bother on the compression #'s, I may have
already gotten the answer by the time you read this.
Thanks, hope we will join you soon a gremlinning.
Ken

PS, kind of looking for a 73 with good body and running. Prefer an X with 6
and AC (it gets hot in CALIFORNIA), but will be interested in others that
will be drivable here (have to smog 74+). Can't afford much, so this maybe
wishful thinking. Also because of logistics near West coast will be
required.