Re: [gremlintime] Car shows

I have to agree with most all of the comments about people hammering us
because we own Gremlins. People really go out of their way to to tell me how
wierd I am because I've had mine for so long. I get comments like "I could
understand if it were a Vette or a Jag,But a Gremlin????" I tell them that
if it were a Jag or a Vette, I would be like every other nerd that is trying
to please someone else. I don't go out of my way to brag that I have a
Gremlin or put a 40' x 40' flashing neon sign with an arrow pointing at my
garage that blinks, Hey, theres a Gremlin in here.I'm just quietly enjoying
something i've had since I was a teenager back in 1970. It was my first new
car that I saved $ 600 bucks for a down payment. It was my escape machine
when I had to get away from my parents (and seven other family members) for a
while (as all teens do). When I got drafted for Nam, it was the first time I
ever drove or was out of the state I was born in. It was the car I bought to
help me save for the Muscle car that never manifested. It has been my work
bench, Ive used the hood as a sled, its been a hiding place for the Chrismas
presents, and the car I picked my wife of 24 years for our first real date. I
don't care what other people think of my car. I like it and sad to say, it
has been the catalist that shows me how shallow some people really are.

I'm not going out of my way to be wierd, but sometimes I get weary of being
diplomatic with people who don't have an older car but feel they can mock my
car and my wanting to own it.

BMP
1970 Gremlin owner for thirty-one years and probrably the rest of my life.