mirrors & fenders

We discovered that while fixing up our Gremlin. Since Norbert is trying to get this second one to look as close to his first one as possible, he wanted mirrors on both doors, like the original. One of our rear view mirrors is off of a Hornet & the other off of a Gremlin. The one from the Gremlin was a drivers side mirror but it turns around & fits the passenger door. We also discovered that on certain years, the front & rear fenders are the same. One of our fenders on the Gremlin was dented & badly rusted. We were having a hard time finding a different one. We were at a salvage yard looking at different AMC cars to see if anything was interchangable with the Gremlin when we noticed the Gremlin fenders. The one at the salvage yard was mint!

Another news flash! Don't know if any of you remember this but Norbert lost his first Gremlin in 1979 when I rolled it. He actually let me drive the new one the other night! OK, so it was only from our shop to the garage which is only about 100 ft but I never thought he'd let me behind the wheel let alone actually drive it!

Karla Dick