Re: [gremlintime] mirrors & fenders

In a message dated 11/28/00 8:35:26 PM SA Pacific Standard Time,
nkdent@xxxx writes:

> We discovered that while fixing up our Gremlin. Since Norbert is trying to
> get this second one to look as close to his first one as possible, he
> wanted mirrors on both doors, like the original. One of our rear view
> mirrors is off of a Hornet & the other off of a Gremlin. The one from the
> Gremlin was a drivers side mirror but it turns around & fits the passenger
> door. We also discovered that on certain years, the front & rear fenders
> are the same. One of our fenders on the Gremlin was dented & badly rusted.
> We were having a hard time finding a different one. We were at a salvage
> yard looking at different AMC cars to see if anything was interchangable
> with the Gremlin when we noticed the Gremlin fenders. The one at the
> salvage yard was mint!

karla,the fenders from a 70-72 Hornet will fit a 70-76 Gremlin,also the
grills are interchangable,the hoods from a 70-72 Hornet will interchange with
a 70-76 Gremlin also the doors from a 70-77 Hornet,78-83 2 door concord,79-83
Spirit and 80-? 2 door eagle will interchange with the 70-78 Gremlin
basically the above cars share the same platform.
Bart Mangrum