From: Terry Atkins <twa1950@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Big Engines running slow.
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 10:14 PM

Got a question and I guess this is as good as place as any to ask it. As you know I had less than great breaks and very old tires on my Gremlin so in the last 4 or 5 years I never got the Gremlin over 60. Every thing in the world would pass me up on the one stretch of Interstate that has a 65 speed limit but every one drives 70 & 75, Well I always wondered when I left car shows why I never say any of them on the interstate. Well yesterday  I think I found out. I left a show and I was running a little over 70 and I passed up a couple of them. I would guess they were running about 60. I went a little further down the road and I passed up three more. My question is if you got this big ass engine in your car and your on a road that you can drive  75 or 80 why are you driving 55 to 60.  The only thing I can think of is these guys are afraid they might mess up their $50,000 show cars so the engines are more for looks than anything else. What are your thoughts.
Terry