[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 1974 AMC amx nice - $3000 scammers

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 1974 AMC amx nice - $3000 scammers

Agreed, however, one can easily pick up a phone book and use a street name, address, zip alos and have a pizza delivered to Mike Hunt or Chester Von Muhlester (hey make up a name like we did as teens) for instance. The 'street view' thing is neat however.

A few years ago scammers had a ebay auction up with bittersweet orange AMX, and were replying to 'marks' who wanted to 'buy it now for $4500' (if I recall they mentioned they were going thru divorce or moving) but when prospects followed up, the scammers did indeed give interested parties a actual address in New Mexico 'where the car was at'.

So playing people along......4 of them actually BOUGHT the 'car' for $4500, and then besides a physical address....the scammers actually gave those who lived at that address phone and area code number.

The fellow who lived there (I called) said he didn't know difference between a Gremlin or AMX and never liked AMC. And him and wife were tired of people calling them to have their transport company make reservation to come by and 'pick up their AMX they had just bought'. Yikes!

Four people got taken on that one ficticious car.....$4500 each, so scammer made off with $18,000 for a few hours work, fake ebay auction and well, ID theft of some unsuspecting folks in NM who the scammers simply used their information to make it appear the car existed at that address.

Speaking of 'street view' I remember the little google car driving around several years ago with this big camera thing on top. Lucky for me I was wearing a shirt. But they turned the corner on Timber Oak and my 81 and 82 Eagles, along with 72 Ambassador appeared in the photo. About 4 year old street view I guess.

As for that location in Great Falls, Montana street view, it just looks cold and gray, could use some of that cold air and damp stuff down here this summer. And if anyone wants to buy something in MT, there is that little 1 of 19 SC/360s up there that still needs a home for $2700/something, happy hunting, and Lynn, good detective work, not sure what is behind that Ford truck in driveway in the view....
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com