[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Big Engines running slow.

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Big Engines running slow.

Terry,, it gets down to enjoying the ride... Yes, a lot of time and money are put into our cars and when going to a show or coming home, I like to take it slow and easy and enjoy the time in the car, let everyone else pass me and just take it easy. And it's also about keeping the cars in top shape by not riding em hard all the time. Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry Atkins <twa1950@...> wrote:

> Got a question and I guess this is as good as place as any to ask it. As you know I had less than great breaks and very old tires on my Gremlin so in the last 4 or 5 years I never got the Gremlin over 60. Every thing in the world would pass me up on the one stretch of Interstate that has a 65 speed limit but every one drives 70 & 75, Well I always wondered when I left car shows why I never say any of them on the interstate. Well yesterday  I think I found out. I left a show and I was running a little over 70 and I passed up a couple of them. I would guess they were running about 60. I went a little further down the road and I passed up three more. My question is if you got this big ass engine in your car and your on a road that you can drive  75 or 80 why are you driving 55 to 60.  The only thing I can think of is these guys are afraid they might mess up their $50,000 show cars so the engines are more for looks than anything else. What are your
>  thoughts.
> Terry

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional