[BaadAssGremlins] Re: a few more dealerships

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: a few more dealerships

Eddie,

 Great pics of the DiSalvo's dealership here in St. Louis. It was
sold about a year ago when Carl and his wife went into a retirement
home.  The kids decided to sell, which kind of made me mad.  However
it now looks like they made a good decision with the current auto
downturn.  Southtown Chrysler purchaed the dealership to get the Jeep
line. Now Southtown has taken all the Jeeps down to their dealership
and the lot is now empty. Here is a link to some current pictures I
took of the lot 2 months ago.

http://flickr.com/photos/11133566@N06/sets/72157614179473189/

  Thanks
   John Schifko Gateway AMC/ St. Louis     2009 AMO Show

-- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes"
<eddiestakes@...> wrote:

> Valiton Motors of Toledo, Ohio shown in 1969...note 7-9 AMCs inside
the
> showroom inclduing AMX, Javelin, Rebel and Ambassador wagon. Also
note brand
> new Rambler for $1946.00. The sign reads: MEET HIM IN PERSON! EVERY
SAT.
> MORNING STARTING AT 8:30AM!
>
> A logical guess would be the owner. One of the AM dealeships my dad
used to
> work at in Corpus Christi, Texas the owner would also come in on
Saturdays,

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/valiton_motors_1969.JPG

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/valiton_motors_1972.JPG

> In the lower right photo, there is easily over 50 AMC's inside a
closed in
> area. Sportabout, Gremlin and Matador shown. Ihn the upper photo
you will
> note that the old Rambler sign from 1969 in top link is now history
and
> replace with same size square with 70-up logo.
>
> Worth noting also is the "vertical pillar" AMC sign in background
many of us
> are extremely familar with!
> While many of you don't want, or no room for a 15 to 25 foot high
sign like
> that if you want a smaller size I sell them, they are 8" X 36"  for
$40 +
> shipping, about $16 in US:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/american_motors_vertical_pillar.
JPG

> Di'Salvo's American in Afton, MO in 1972.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/DiSalvos_American_Afton
_MO.JPG

> This ad is (I believe) from October or November 1972. Note the AM
models
> signs above the Hornet roof line. I sell them they are 9" X 36"
>
> http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/amc_showroom_all_models.JPG
>
> shipping about $16 anywhere in US, and extremely nice. Back to the
> dealerships, note the comment about Di'Salvo's just selling
300 "fleet"
> Matadors. Those could have been to a military installation or
possibly
> federal contract in that area, seems too big a order for law
enforcement for
> anything in that region unless possibly St. Louis or Kansas City
Police
> perhaps?
>
> Take care,
> Eddie Stakes