[BaadAssGremlins] a few more dealerships

[BaadAssGremlins] a few more dealerships

Valiton Motors of Toledo, Ohio shown in 1969...note 7-9 AMCs inside the
showroom inclduing AMX, Javelin, Rebel and Ambassador wagon. Also note brand
new Rambler for $1946.00. The sign reads: MEET HIM IN PERSON! EVERY SAT.
MORNING STARTING AT 8:30AM!

A logical guess would be the owner. One of the AM dealeships my dad used to
work at in Corpus Christi, Texas the owner would also come in on Saturdays,
usually till noon. And while there was not a whole lot of people that
specifically went there to JUST meet him, he walked around and greeted
people, and made them feel really comfortable, more so than just walking in
a strange place and having salesmen attack you with pitches. They didn't do
that there, just walked around and said hi and if you needed anything, just
ask, which people did, especially about financing, options, colors, and
anything else related to buying a car, but the owner's presence I would
assume made customers at ease. Another sign shows 'reduced price on all
Ambassador & Javelin'

Ironic is that their motto is "where the sun always shines" yet photo taken
on overcast day.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/valiton_motors_1969.JPG

and same dealership with facelift and updates with new logos/signs and
awnings in 1972:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/valiton_motors_1972.JPG

In the lower right photo, there is easily over 50 AMC's inside a closed in
area. Sportabout, Gremlin and Matador shown. Ihn the upper photo you will
note that the old Rambler sign from 1969 in top link is now history and
replace with same size square with 70-up logo.

Worth noting also is the "vertical pillar" AMC sign in background many of us
are extremely familar with!
While many of you don't want, or no room for a 15 to 25 foot high sign like
that if you want a smaller size I sell them, they are 8" X 36"  for $40 +
shipping, about $16 in US:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/american_motors_vertical_pillar.JPG

Di'Salvo's American in Afton, MO in 1972.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/DiSalvos_American_Afton_MO.JPG

This ad is (I believe) from October or November 1972. Note the AM models
signs above the Hornet roof line. I sell them they are 9" X 36"

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/amc_showroom_all_models.JPG

shipping about $16 anywhere in US, and extremely nice. Back to the
dealerships, note the comment about Di'Salvo's just selling 300 "fleet"
Matadors. Those could have been to a military installation or possibly
federal contract in that area, seems too big a order for law enforcement for
anything in that region unless possibly St. Louis or Kansas City Police
perhaps?

Take care,
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825