[BaadAssGremlins] Re: a few more dealerships

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: a few more dealerships

I've been off here for awhile. where do i go to view the dealership
photos??? thanks!!--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"javelinmanjohn" <drwoo2@...> wrote:

> Eddie,
>
>  Great pics of the DiSalvo's dealership here in St. Louis. It was
> sold about a year ago when Carl and his wife went into a retirement
> home.  The kids decided to sell, which kind of made me mad.  However
> it now looks like they made a good decision with the current auto
> downturn.  Southtown Chrysler purchaed the dealership to get the Jeep
> line. Now Southtown has taken all the Jeeps down to their dealership
> and the lot is now empty. Here is a link to some current pictures I
> took of the lot 2 months ago.
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/11133566@N06/sets/72157614179473189/
>
>   Thanks
>    John Schifko Gateway AMC/ St. Louis     2009 AMO Show
>

> -- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes"
> <eddiestakes@> wrote:
> >
> > Valiton Motors of Toledo, Ohio shown in 1969...note 7-9 AMCs inside
> the
> > showroom inclduing AMX, Javelin, Rebel and Ambassador wagon. Also
> note brand
> > new Rambler for $1946.00. The sign reads: MEET HIM IN PERSON! EVERY
> SAT.
> > MORNING STARTING AT 8:30AM!
> >
> > A logical guess would be the owner. One of the AM dealeships my dad
> used to
> > work at in Corpus Christi, Texas the owner would also come in on
> Saturdays,
> > usually till noon. And while there was not a whole lot of people
> that
> > specifically went there to JUST meet him, he walked around and
> greeted
> > people, and made them feel really comfortable, more so than just
> walking in
> > a strange place and having salesmen attack you with pitches. They
> didn't do
> > that there, just walked around and said hi and if you needed
> anything, just
> > ask, which people did, especially about financing, options, colors,
> and
> > anything else related to buying a car, but the owner's presence I
> would
> > assume made customers at ease. Another sign shows 'reduced price on
> all
> > Ambassador & Javelin'
> >
> > Ironic is that their motto is "where the sun always shines" yet
> photo taken
> > on overcast day.
> >

> http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/valiton_motors_1969.JPG
> >
> > and same dealership with facelift and updates with new logos/signs
> and
> > awnings in 1972:
> >

> http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/valiton_motors_1972.JPG
> >
> > In the lower right photo, there is easily over 50 AMC's inside a
> closed in
> > area. Sportabout, Gremlin and Matador shown. Ihn the upper photo
> you will
> > note that the old Rambler sign from 1969 in top link is now history
> and
> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: