Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re:Pacer UFO

And us even older farts (I'm 66) remember the inline straight eight, which Chrysler made thru 1950, Hudson thru 1951, Buick thru 1953, and Packard and Pontiac thru 1954. Same thing happened-- in the sixties lots of people called any eight cylinder car a V-8, even when it was a straight eight.
We had L-head (valves in the block, beside the cylinders with spark plugs on top,) Flathead (what Ford called their sidevalve V-8s) Valve-in-Head (Buick's trademarked term for overhead valve) with valves in the cylinder head, spark plugs on the side, OHV used by Chevy, Olds, Nash, among others,  F-head (with intake valve in the head, exhaust valve in the block) used by Jeep and Rolls Royce and Hemi-head (spark plugs in the middle of the cylinder head with intake valves on one side and exhaust valves on the other) used by Chrysler and the Europeans with their OHC (over head camshaft).
I don't remember any American OHC engines until the mid 1960s.

Onree in Nebraska