Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: VOTE....make the 72 a 401 or make it stock loo

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: VOTE....make the 72 a 401 or make it stock looking

Joe it depends on what YOU want to simply accomplish with the car. The final
decision is not going to be anyone's here but your own, two years of sleep
notwithstanding. That's why I mentioned talk to wifey. You can always find
another Hornet. Someone mentioned 'they are only original once' and this was
a reason I didn't build a Matador Machine out of that 14,000 original mile
71 Matador I tried for sale for 6-10 years before taking $2650 for it, after
3rd time on ebay. I could have easily done something like this great looking
ride, and note for what he/she is asking once could not build it for that:

http://denver.craigslist.org/car/768995890.html

so I left my 71 Matador alone with dinky 304cid/210hp engine that homeless
people could push their shopping baskets faster than it.

PS take a look at this 77 Hornet AMX

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/808540415.html

while here is a sleeper for you guys, 304 Sportabout wagon

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/802908540.html

and a 11 second Spirit

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/801149534.html

and a cheap Gremlin

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/789149126.html

a 36,000 mile Hornet hatchback cheap

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/818811567.html

so point is simply have fun with it regardless of whatever way you decide to
leep/alter it, there is lots of good, cheap AMCs still out there to choose
from, this is why I mentioned first to keep it original, then leaned towards
altering it. Few cars are stock, less than 3% of remaining AMCs are stock.
Unless in a bubble, (like my 71 Matty was with original polyglas tires,
spark plug wires, ect) as soon as you change something it is no longer
stock. You can keep it looking stock however and no one will know unless
judging. Again, this rolls back around to what you want to accomplish with
the vehicle. Anything done can be undone also. Take care,

Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com