[BaadAssGremlins] Re: VOTE....make the 72 a 401 or make it stock looking

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: VOTE....make the 72 a 401 or make it stock looking

Eddie. I want a Gremlin that will haul ass. Also one that looks nice!
That's why i bought all the 401 parts/INDY heades..etc. BUT i've been
giving serious thought to converting  my green car back close to
stock.Atleast stock looking. Maybe the 360 swap/make it look like a
304?  My 73 was a light blue originally...currently looks like
SHIT..but is not really a bad car. Previous owner sprayed spots of
primer all over it. One thing that i do not like is the rusty roof
rack crapola on it. I've been YELLED at by a couple of guys for
defiling the green 72 42,000 mile car!!Guess these guys/wife also..are
giving me a complex????? Any one have a lead on a GOOD headliner for a
Gremmie? My 73 and my parts cars have CRAP headliners in them. Only
nice one is in my green 72. Thanks,Joe--- In
BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@...> wrote:

> Joe it depends on what YOU want to simply accomplish with the car.
The final
> decision is not going to be anyone's here but your own, two years of
sleep
> notwithstanding. That's why I mentioned talk to wifey. You can
always find
> another Hornet. Someone mentioned 'they are only original once' and
this was
> a reason I didn't build a Matador Machine out of that 14,000
original mile
> 71 Matador I tried for sale for 6-10 years before taking $2650 for
it, after
> 3rd time on ebay. I could have easily done something like this great
looking
> ride, and note for what he/she is asking once could not build it for
that:

> http://denver.craigslist.org/car/768995890.html
>
> so I left my 71 Matador alone with dinky 304cid/210hp engine that
homeless
> people could push their shopping baskets faster than it.
>
> PS take a look at this 77 Hornet AMX
>
> http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/808540415.html
>
> while here is a sleeper for you guys, 304 Sportabout wagon
>
> http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/802908540.html
>
> and a 11 second Spirit
>
> http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/801149534.html
>
> and a cheap Gremlin
>
> http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/789149126.html
>
> a 36,000 mile Hornet hatchback cheap
>
> http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/818811567.html
>
> so point is simply have fun with it regardless of whatever way you
decide to
> leep/alter it, there is lots of good, cheap AMCs still out there to
choose
> from, this is why I mentioned first to keep it original, then leaned
towards
> altering it. Few cars are stock, less than 3% of remaining AMCs are
stock.
> Unless in a bubble, (like my 71 Matty was with original polyglas tires,
> spark plug wires, ect) as soon as you change something it is no longer
> stock. You can keep it looking stock however and no one will know
unless
> judging. Again, this rolls back around to what you want to
accomplish with
> the vehicle. Anything done can be undone also. Take care,
>
> Eddie Stakes
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@...
> www.planethoustonamx.com