[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Was smog vacuum hose diagram? Now Emission & Safte

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Was smog vacuum hose diagram? Now Emission & Saftey Inspections

Here in Pennsylvania, I am a saftey and emissions inspector.
emissions.. we just check gascaps and visually inspect the car.
saafety.. we dont see breakdowns on the side of the road as often as
other states without inspections. Driving through georga or kentucky
in the past netted a few sites of broken balljoints. State inspection
is a good idea, and a must for trucks. as for 99% accidents being
caused by people, and not mechanical failure, I say Bullshit.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry Atkins <twa1950@...>
wrote:

> Here in Kentucky they did away with the emissions testing a couple
of years ago. A state senator took the law on. He  proved that more
pollution was being put out by the cars waiting to get inspected than
the cars that flunked. The had something like a 99% pass rate. Think
about it most new cars everything is ran by the computer and the
sensors if it is messed up that bad the car won't run. There are not
that many old cars on the road. I know the Gremlin used to flunk
every year. Mom had a guy who would adjust the carb mess with the
timing have it where it was running like a piece of junk and it would
pass. She would take it back to him and it would adjust it to run
good. When I started taking it I think it flunked the first time I
took it the guy gave me a screw driver and told me it was idling to
fast So I idled it down but since it was already on the machine he
had to flunk me. So I waited in line again and it passed. After that
it got where every person in the place
>  wanted to see the Gremlin so I think it passed before I even took
it in the place. The last few times I took it the exhaust was cleaner
than the air we were breathing. As far as the mechanical inspection
it was done away with 30 years ago. There again they said that 99% of
the accidents were caused  by the driver not the car so they did away
with it. It was stupid anyway. This was back when gas stations worked
on cars and they did the inspections. My uncle work with a guy who
sit his son up with a one bay two pump station in some little town in
KY. Every pay day he brought in a stack of stickers and the paper
work. Charged I think $10 for them and sold them like crazy. He said
he didn't care if his son ever sold a gallon of gas. He was making
all his money off the stickers. Of course in Kentucky you have a
drivers license for life. No retest not even even an eye test.You can
get your drivers license renewed if you walk into the place with your
white cain and seeing eye
>  dog.  Any decent lawyer can get you out of speeding, reckless
driving, DUI. It is a joke
>   Terry
> Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@...> wrote:
>              I agree. Here in Texas we have a 24-year creeper
law. That is, any car 24 years or older is exempt from emissions. You
still have to get safety inspection where they make sure you have
tires on car, or working wipers! But each year the cut off year
advances, this year it is all 1983; next year 1984, in 2009 1985 and
so forth. It's $12 for safety inspection and the rude Iranians I take
my AMCs to "WHAT FOR YOU BRING OLD JUNK CAR HERE ME NOW????!!!"
and "I AM HAPPY NOW YOU NO SEE??" well, a bucket of Churchs or
Popeyes Fried Chicken with fixings means I am usually at inspection
station for lett than five minutes smelling goats. Not the Iranians,
but goats they are fond of raising and cooking.
>   Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX
> 713.464.8825
> eddiestakes@...
> www.planethoustonamx.com
> email reply currently 5-9 days
> 8-19 day reply times, just call!

I am glad I live in N.Y.
> No emission inspection for cars over 25 years old but no smokers
allowed. A safety inspection for only 10$ versus the regular 45$ for
emissions and safety inspection. Classic car insurance for both my
Hornets for 146$ per year. With things & prices like this I can live
18-20 mpg.
> "Doc"

who knows.
> Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.