[BaadAssGremlins] Thanks + other stuff

Hope it dont seem rude but I figured I'd send 1 post
rather than a whole bunch!
First of all thanks Ralph and Eddie for the diagrams
and info.  Between budget cuts and thieves, our
library has almost zip for manuals.  Eddie - do you
have a 78 factory manual for sale by chance?  Looks
like it would be worth the investment.
We in California are blessed with a NON-creeper law.
It is locked in at 1975 and to get it changed to a
more realistic "creeper" is like suggesting we club
baby seals or add dioxin to the water supply.  Since
we dont rust here, they are afraid a hoard of 83
Cutlass and Regals will be unleashed by the lowriders
:^)  I envy Doc for a $10 fee and inspection.  Here we
have to be punished for the SF Bay Area's smog.  I
live due east in the Central Valley and thier smog
blows over here so WE have to meet stricter standards!
 Its a visual inspection followed by OBD connection  +
dynomometer drive test
and it costs over $80.00 (usaually 1 "free" re-test,
which they will fail you for 1 loose vacuum line, then
you flunk the dyno so its another $80)  I had a Jetta
for my son with a short in the CHECK ENGINE idiot
light...  they failed me despite the exhaust being so
clean you could pump it into house house.  God forbid
just having to actually run clean!
Lu - sounds like your making serious progress!  Check
AUTO ZONE if they are out your way.  I just got 2 for
my 78 @ 21.00 each, which is pretty cheap. Had them
ordered in 2 days.
And Kevin, I feel your pain$   Every since I got my
Gremlin home the balance on my Visa keeps mysteriously
climbing, haha.  I guess its a good thing Im not too
well off or else I'd have to move so I could house all
the cars I'd like.  I always envied Bill Harrah, owner
of Harrah's casios/hotels.  He had his own museum!  If
youre ever in RENO NV be sure to see the remaining
collection at the National Auto MUseum - founded after
his death and sell off by the new owners of the hotel.
Tom

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: