Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 360 Question

Joe,
 How did you like the Battery tray I sent you? Haven't heard from you since you got it. Did it arrive ok?
 As for mounts for your 401 I went with polly mounts with the factory v-8 bcross and I am making up a turnbuckle mount to hold the engine during racing and remove on the street.
 Davis

jgray_55 <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
MAYBE i should have just stuck with the V8 crossmember i already had
bought. BUT...dumb me...i thought the BullTear setup looked way
stronger. Since i HOPE my built 401/INDY heads will top 500
hp...thought the heavier setup would be better? Joe--- In
BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Kottman" <timkott@...> wrote:

> i started witha 6cyl gremlin and am almost finished with a v8 swap.
> Ive spent
> 500 - v8 crossmember and all mounting (bushings and engine plates)
> - can now be done for about 160? using bulltear
6cyl crossmember - v8 engine
> mounts
> 3000 - 401 rebuild shortblock with performance cam and pistons
(with lifters and springs)
> 200 - work done to stock heads
> 400 - intake, roller rockers, misc parts
> *750 - intial cost of 401, T400 trans came with 78 cherokee sold
snowplow and parts
> and ended up even
> 250 - mopar 8 3/4 rear end. new axle bearings and shortened by
6in. still need a new
> center section
>
> things left to do
> 400 - rear suspension
> ??? - rebuild T400 and convert to 2wd.
> 1000 - misc wiring, hoses, carb
> __________
> 5750 + trans rebuild + center section
>
> i am building my car for a more race type application. however i'd
say you could do the v8
> swap for around 4000 if you didnt do anything radical. a different
rearend would be a
> definite as the 6cyl rear wont hold the HP of a v8 if you want to
romp around. and the
> bulltear motor mount should work well for your application and
price is great.

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair