Re: [BaadAssGremlins] hornet mirror template wanted

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] hornet mirror template wanted

Title: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] hornet mirror template wanted
You can easily make your own template. Take off the driver's side mirror, make a template out of light cardboard or cardstock paper. Trim the template to fit up against the chrome moulding and along the front of the door. Make marks where the 2 screws attach the mirror. Punch holes where the marks are.  Write "outside" on the template. Put an arrow toward the front.
Go around to the other side of the car. Line up the template against the door, except PUT THE OUTSIDE ON THE INSIDE.  Make sure that the arrow is still pointed toward the front of the car. The two holes will then be where your should drill holes to mount the passenger side mirror.
Onree

on 7/14/06 9:51 PM, Eddie Stakes at eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx did write:

Mike below is looking for measurments to install his mirror correctly on his
73 Hornet on the passenger side. I have a template for 68-69 AMX on my site
under "restoration"
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/restoration/amx%20pa2.jpg
but that won't help him out. Anyone know how far back he has to mount this
or can send him photos with instructions he would appreciate it!

Eddie,
Still a little confusion.  The auction was for a Hornet passenger side
mirror.  I have the mirror and the rubber/plastic mounting base/gasket.  I
am looking for the mounting template for a passenger side mirror for a 1973
Hornet 2 door hatchback (mine is at body and paint - in primer as we speak
:-)  Might even be in color by the weekend...
mlakin@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mlakin%40charter.net>
Mike Lakin

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:eddiestakes%40planethoustonamx.com>
www.planethoustonamx.com

Carnival spirit Spirit phone system Spirit medium

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS