Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Nationals

And don't ever key up the c.b. mike and say in a whiny voice...ARE WE THERE YET..
We did make a stop at a rest area and had a semi truck driver follow us in just to get a better look at the Hornet. He called it by the right name and year!!  I had an extra AMC ballcap in the car, so I dug it out and gave it to him.
The question "when did AMC make a 4 door Gremlin?" came over the c.b.
It was a fun trip. Almost got my butt fired for being 2 days late on getting back. But, I still think it was worth it!!!

Luke Wardwell <horneteer2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was luck enough to bring the Hornet to the nationals
in Kenosha back in 2002.
I say brought, because I towed my car to Minnesota to
Brads house. Friday the 1st day of the trip we
discovered that 3 of the rental trailer tires were
bald. So the next day a guy from Uhaul showed up and
changed them. Also showed us how to hook up the ground
for the lights, people said our lights were flashing.
Half way through New York we pulled into a service
stop and my F150 was squealing more than usual. I got
out to see a huge puddle of power steering fluid on
the pavement.
Long story short I found a dealer still open and they
said the would fit me in that Monday. So Brad and I
were stuck in Canadaigua (did I spell it right) for
the weekend cruising around in my Sportabout.
So after getting the steering box rebuilt we were off
again and Brad missed afew extra days of work and
arrived late Tuesday night.
The rest of the trip want ok, except for the Hornet
running hot and a little sag to one side. Now I know
why it ran hot and the rear springs sagged. I got alot
of looks. I wish I stayed by my car, but was too busy
checking out the vendors. I think I had the only car
from Maine there. One guy had a sweet '75 hatchback
with a v8 he wanted to swap for my car. As you can see
I declined.I am glad I did. Just thought I'd reminis
about that trip. Thanks for reading Luke