[BaadAssGremlins] Motorola Alternators and Prestolite ignition modules

[BaadAssGremlins] Motorola Alternators and Prestolite ignition modules

Hey Doc,
Although my car is a 75, I would have sworn that the alternator was a Motorola. Now you have me worried and I'll have to look. What was the deal with them? Why are they so bad? I do have the Prestolite ignition module in my car, and I read where they are bad. I remember my car going through spurts of shutting down on me on the highway back in 77. Turned out it was the Prestolite gone bad. I'd like to get rid of it, but have no idea how to do it or where to start. I envy our friends in the southdue to the availability of cars and parts. As you know, there are not many AMC cars left in the Northeast as the road salt did them in years ago, as it did many fine old cars of various makes.
Charlie