[BaadAssGremlins] Re: loation, location, location

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: loation, location, location

Hi Doc, as for the ID theft, my point is/was that armed with X amount of
information, a scammer can easily create, or then steal more info. Want a
awesome example? I'm sure many of you get these 'great rate' credit card
offers in the mail. I got one the other day from Citibank. It was Cookie
Stakes. Problem is, Cookie is my dog, so not sure how she would tranfer
balances with 0% interest for up to one year.

Social Security is a joke. Many of the people I have worked with thru the
years in the bar and restaurant business simply make one up. On a credit
report I had done five years ago, there were 4 people using mine. Great,
gives me a extra $2.00 a month when I retire! But you also have to stop and
think have those people used it for credit cards, loans, rental car,
whatever also.

But I deal with people daily, and have for many years, on the phone, email,
and letters. And I simply stated the reason why many people do not list
where they are at is because of scammers. And if someone is serious about a
item for sale or wanted, they will quickly follow up by a phone call,
regardless of where seller might be. It determines whether someone is
serious or not. Granted, buring a phone call might be a pain in the ass,
however, a small price to pay for a quickly diminishing supply of usable
parts for our cars. And this applies to anything for sale. Yes, it is a
common courtesy that people might put their location in their ads. No, it is
not mandatory either, and up to the seller whether to divulge that
information also however.

Maybe we are old school, where we have manners, or social skills were
different way back then. Every time I write a address on a letter I remember
my first grade teacher Sister Amelda showing up how to write a address on a
letter. Can't do it that way anymore as now we have 9 digit zip codes for
instance.

Somewhere on my website's rambline al-quede, ted bundy, david koresh
unibomber diatribe manifesto fatwah jihad of Shut Up & Drive it says it
best: "If you are serious, call, do NOT email' and the reason behind that
statement that is over a decade old is simple. Too many people rely solely
on internet. With a phone call, you have the seller's instant attention, and
can get specifics, including location. Might not be a big deal, but again,
it is up to the seller(s) to give out their information, and many do not in
this time and age, for a variety of reasons I guess!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx