[BaadAssGremlins] Potomac Ramblers members - ALERT ! '62 Rambler loss of

[BaadAssGremlins] Potomac Ramblers members - ALERT ! '62 Rambler loss of habitat imminent

  I have been involved in a few personal emergencies
these past 2 months, such as loss of job, losing my
farm storage space of my AMC fleet, and finally my
parents Alzheimer's is forcing my sister and I to
place them in a facility soon. I've been rather busy,
so haven't alerted anyone to this impending AMC
calamity.
   Anyway, I regret to inform the Potomac Ramblers
Club that the '62 Rambler club car that is currently
resting ( and rusting ) at my aunt's farm near
Burkeville, VA is in imminent danger of being lost and
removed due to the need of my aunt to sell her
property, and that no deal apparently can take place
as any purchasers want all the "junk" cars removed
first, meaning mine, Ben's, and this '62 Rambler. I
wasn't sure of the time limits required to remove them
all, but apparently it's been speeded up considerably.
So, I figure that the time left is numbered in days or
weeks, rather than months. If there is ANY interest in
this car, it better come forward FAST, as otherwise it
may go to a local junkyard. I can't speak for Ben or
his fleet there, but I have made progress on my fleet,
7 of 10 cars of my fleet are safely ensconced at the
Gremlin Garage II now, with 3 left to move, hopefully
by the end of this coming week. Being unemployed DOES
have certain advantages, time off being the most
critical. If I was employed, I doubt I'd be making
this much progress so quickly. As it happens, I spent
all day this past Friday just airing up 7 cars's worth
of tires, actually more as I did one of Bens to move
them, running back and forth with my little air tank
to the ( luckily ) working air compressor up by the
farmhouse. I also had to mount some tires on one car.
So far, only a few wouldn't hold air, or would leak
slowly, enough for me to air them up, get it on the
rollback, and to the new place before it all leaked
out again.
  So, bottom line to the Potomac Ramblers club is, the
'62 Rambler needs a new home, and FAST. Don't know if
Ben has alerted anyone to this need before, I haven't
kept pace with this Email list ( or any ) lately. But
the club needs to decide whether to try to save this
car or not. I will have every spare spot at my new lot
filled with the last 3 cars, no vacant spots, so it
can't go with me, and I have no interest in it,
either. There are a few others I'd like to save, but
have no room for them, either.
  Please, if ANYONE is interested, contact either me
at Gremlingts@xxxxxxxxx, or any Club Officer in the
Potomac Ramblers club, and see if we can save it. I'm
planning on being at the farm this coming Thursday and
Friday, March 2nd and 3rd, to expedite my final exodus
of cars, parts, motorcycles, etc. I cannot guarantee
the future of this car anymore personally, as it's out
of my hands now, it doesn't belong to me, it belongs
to the club, so it needs to be a consensus by club
members/officers if anyone wants it. I know the club
was trying to get $600 for it at one time. At this
point, I don't know if it'll sell, or just saving it
by giving it to someone. Still looks pretty good on
the outside. Frame rust in rear.
  Guys or gals, let me/us hear from you if you can or
want to save this car. It's imperative that it get
moved probably in the next few weeks, to have a prayer
of being saved. I can't guarantee anything with it,
being as the farm property disposition is not in my
hands, and I'm at the mercy of my aunt now as much as
Ben or this car is. So, sorry to have to bring this
news out so quickly, but other concerns have been on
my mind, and this '62 wasn't one of them. Just wanted
to get it out in the open, so if there is any interest
in it, it may stand a chance of being saved from being
made into Chinese scrap metal.
  Ben, not sure if you've advertised that you want to
sell some cars, but I now have digital pictures of all
your cars down there, from the humpster Javelins to
the COncords, Spirits, Eagle, Ambassador, etc. If you
don't have any, I can forward them to you, or to
whoever is interested. Just need to upload them from
my camera , which is my next task after this email
gets Sent. :)
  For myself, I have my '70 Javelin and the '75
Matador coupe inside the shop-turned-garage, both
Gremlin GT 2( to be scrapped ) and 74 Gremlin are
moved, the '70 Hornet, wifes VW Scirocco 16v ( for
sale, btw ), '55 chevy Suburban are all parked at the
Gremlin Garage II now. Only a Matador X coupe, V-8
Spirit shell ( for sale, $600 , with title I "think",
no motor/trans, but has the rear axle and V-8
crossmember ), and a '57 Chevy 4-door 210 sedan ( also
for sale, fiberglass tilt front end, $700 obo, with
283 V-8 and original Powerglide trans ). So, that's
what I've been up to for the past few weeks, trying to
save my fleet. Almost done! I've also finished
stripping a '74 Javelin body, that will go to the
junkyard, I got as much off it as I could, I will be
posting plastic interior parts ( tan/beige) and other
trim items for sale soon ( back tail lights, quarter
glass, some seat belts, misc. etc ). So, I'm taking
Sunday today as a day of rest, it'll be back to the
mines Monday, need to take the parents grocery
shopping, then 2 days of some time at home, then back
to the final move at the end of the week. I'll be glad
when it's all over! Whew! Sign me

Run ragged in Virginia Jerry