[BaadAssGremlins] Re: N.O.S. Grille....

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paul Hancock <kwikbiker@...>
wrote:

> Hey don't aplogize to me. I just costed you about 50.00 bucks in
that auction. Sorry about that. I couldn't resist as it was at 103.00
for the longest time and the dealer list price is approx 145.00, so
you still got a great deal. I'll have to buy you a cold one if we
ever meet. Back then you could order them the color of your car thru
the dealer.  Harley is the only one I've seen to that.  Congrats on a
good deal Paul

> William Renshaw <lionwren@...> wrote:      Eeegads!! Sorry about
that Paul.. Your right I guess I should of looked into things alittle
better. I got ahead of myself, and its just that I NEED A NEW GRILLE!
Mine can be restored and I do want a sharp looking car and if I can
afford the part I am going to get it, or atleast try to get it. Its
kind of like that tranny I got yersterday... I bet ya that tranny
only has 40,000 miles on it and it was very well worth the 300 bucks
plus travel time to get it. I seen another close ratio T-10 going for
600!! Cost me that much just to "fix" the one in the car. Again I am
sorry about the grille. It was the blue on. You should see MY Repiar
Manual, I have had it since I got the car when I was 18, and I am now
40...There is no cover, and it is in about...alot of pieces! But that
is one thing that I have been able to keep and I do treasure it!  It
even has its own cavas bag that I got when I was in the service. But
I do have one. I believe the
>  owners manual is still in the glove box, but the thing that does
elude me is the parts list. I guess I will just have to purchase one.
I do need one for the T-10, it does need new seals on both ends, they
have dried out and need replaced. Thanks again. Bill..

> ---------------------------------
>   From: Paul Hancock <kwikbiker@...>
> To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] N.O.S. Grille....
> Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:55:25 -0800 (PST)
>
> Hello Bill.  If you were bidding on the blue grill, so was I. We
maybe should let each other know if they REALLY want a part so were
not bidding against each other. I saw that grille cheap and bid it up
50.00 before I saw someone else was serious.  Anyhow. My crash sheet
shows two grilles for 70 thru 75. If you bought the 2nd design which
is what the blue one was, then you will have to buy headlifgt
assemblies to finish. If you bought the 1st design the headlight
doors are built in. Probably changed for one reason that replacing
damaged parts was less extensive on 2nd design if only one side was
hit. The sheets do not differentiate on  which design fits what
years.looks like both will fit 70 thru 75. The part #s are 1st
8120489 and 2nd 8124146. If you bought the blue grille on ebat the
part # was wrong and thats why I was bidding on it as I thought no
one would be sure what the part was and I could get it for a steel.
It's nice knowing what they look like.  I'm going to TRY and scan
>  this sheet and post it so you all can see. Bill there are three
things I have to have when I own  vehicle, the owners manual, the
workshop (repair manual). And a parts list with exploded drawings or
pictures. You can get parts list on ebay. I got mine from Petes auto
data, he's kinda a jerk and won't return emails, but does send
product. Check with eddie 1st on the other two and if he cab't help
rookie too. Paul in Detroit

> "William T. Renshaw" <lionwren@...> wrote:   I purchased a N.O.S.
grille for my Gremlin and I am having second
> thoughts about making such a purchase...The only reason is I am not
> sure if it will fit and work... :( I guess I should of gotten some
> feed back from ya'll here but the auction was ending (ebay) and the
> price wasnt way gone the heck up to a bazillin dollar price range.
> Will the later year grilles (74 and up) fit the earlier year (70-
> 73)??  I noticed a few cars in the posted photos that are the 70
thru
> 73 years with a 74 and up grille and they do look sharp... My
Gremlin
> isnt going to be "an original".. Being young and dum in my earlier
> years I kind of did things that I shouldnt of..(but we all do dum
> things!) Like I swapped the 904 auto for a T-10, the bucket seats
are
> from a Volvo, I painted all the interior trim and door panels with
> rattle can...YOU DONT HAVE TO TELL ME!! I KNOW...I KNOW..
> Being a new member here and just being a backyard mechanic who
enjoys
> the nucklebusting and grease and grime and the ocassional out burst
> of filth (the 30 minute screw, takes ya 30 minutes for one stinking
> bolt!) I am not a full fledged mechanic who can pull out my tube
> bender and welder and fabricate what ever I need. I really dont
think
> that there is or are alot of them kind of people here..
> In my opinion all of us here have somthing in common...
> Its a love for all A.M.C.'s. Or just cars and trucks in general.
> There is alot that I dont know and it kinda makes me feel bad that
> cant help with whatever the question is.. I read everything that I
> get in my mail box. EVERYTHING!! I have gotten hooked on J.L. cars
> (thanks guys!) I do know where there is a couple of Gremlins here
but
> the guy is kind of an ass when it comes to going out and
> just "looking" at parts so I am not sure just what this guy has..
So
> I am not much help in locating parts for people. There was alot
that
> I wished that I could do to help everyone out here. Maybe
someday....
> I did go and get my new tranny yesterday. 700 mile round trip but
> very, very  well worth it. It still has the original paint on it
and
> the A.M.C. part tag is still attached to the tranny!! And of course
> had to hit every darned Wally World and ToysRus "looking" for J.L.
> cars..(once again THANKS GUYS!) It was needless to say a very long
> day for me... Anyone can help me with the grille thing I would
> greatly appreciate it and if not?? I guess I will sell it but I
will
> only sell it to someone here at this site. Bill Lewiston Idaho
>

> I will take ya up on that cold one there Paul...Someone has to make
a few bucks I guess. The lady that is selling this stuff (her name is
Charlotte) seems like a nice person. She is the one that I got my
N.O.S. locking gas cap from and it is sweet!! She also told me that
she was going to send the turn signals with that grille also!! So I
guess I did get a good deal! Thanks Bill Lewiston Idaho

Service.

>         Automotive maintenance   Automotive radiators

Service.