Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Help needed!!

Happy parts hunting. I spent 2 years to find the parts to rebuild the
interior in my orange 74 Hornet. It took parts from 7 cars from all over
the lower 48 and from both ends of Canada just to build a complete new
dash. I love the thrill of the hunt for parts. The owner of the shop
that now does the work on my cars I can no longer do has a late model
Camero and is building a 69 Firebird. He said he can't be bothered
hunting for the parts like I do. He just open's a catalog and get's out
his credit card and order's what he needs. Like I have alway's said any
one can build a Pford or Chebby but it takes a real man to build an
AMC!!!! "Say Amen And AMC!!!!" Most of the parts for the Orange car were
gotten from or from leads from people here at BAG.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry.Atkins@... wrote:

> Hey Doc you used that word. "Hobby" LOL
> Terry
>

> > Welcome to the world of AMC Bill. As Eddie has been saying for
years,
> > sheet metal is drying up and what is left goes for big bucks.
Especially
> > a lot of plastic parts that the sun's UV rays have dried up and
made
> > brittle and are cracked and crumbling. The people here are great
in
> > helping with parts or putting you onto where to get them. Happy
hunting.
> > Davis here put me onto 2 NOS fenders for my 74 Hornet for 200$ a
piece
> > which was fine with me. This is not a cheap hobby and we can'
order a
> > new fender from a catalog like some brands can.
> > "Doc"
> > NOW!! 200 bucks apiece for N.O.S. Fenders is a good deal!! But
paying 200 to 250 bucks for sumthin' off a wreck that is full of rust
and needs more help than I do....I just cant see paying that kind of
money! BUT! If ya need parts....what the heck! Ya gotta do what ya
hafta do!! I will be the first to admit that this is a very expensive
hobbie...I just spent about 5 years on my 1980 Chevy L.U.V. 4X4 and
it still needs paint, and a bed that isnt full of bondo and dings and
little dents. But the 5 years dont count the time I spent on the road
as a long haul truck driver.Paid 300 bucks for the truck, it was
headed for the crusher when I found it. Everything was there, as far
as running gear. But, it had no nose on it at all!! NO grill, no
valance, headlight buckets, bumper...ect.ect..It needed a carb.
really, really bad like. Weber is the only way for me and that cost
400. So I kept the truck and now I have a 4x4 that will take me
anywhere I have to go. I call it my wrecking yard truck. Has about 5
different trucks in it. But back to the AMC thing. I have owned a few
AMC's in my life time. But my Gremlin has been the only one that I
kept. It used to be my Grandmothers car and I purchased it from her
when I was home on leave from the Army in the Summer of 1984. I have
owned a 1984 AMC Eagle wagon, and a AMC Matador Bacelona model.(cant
remember the year) NOW that was a fun car...for a tank!! 360, four
barrel with the 727 auto. Paid 50 bucks for the car did nothing to it
for over a year then sold it for 500 bucks!! At one time I was
accually forced to "live" in the car. LOL!! The Eagle turned into a
really big "money" pit. SO I ended up parting the thing out. Kept the
head for my Gremlin (just had it re-built) and the power steering
pump and steering box (going to "try" to incorperate power steering
on the 258) New Clifford Performance valve cover (had to keep that!)
and the tilt steering colum, starter and what ever else I decided to
keep...I HAVE NO IDEA!! Got a corner of the garage that is full of
stuff!! That is what needs to be cleaned out and gone thru so I have
some idea what is there. Thanks for the come back!! I will keep in
touch and hopefully have some better pics of my Gremlin here shortly!
Bill Renshaw Lewiston Idaho

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

--- End Message ---