Re: [BaadAssGremlins] FIRE! Plastic Eagle valve cover wanted

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] FIRE! Plastic Eagle valve cover wanted

Yup I think I will go with a new one, as a used one I might end up with same
problem and the plastic has been compramised with years (and over 200,000
miles at least on my engine!) heat, cold. A photo is enclosed here of the
damage, looked worse last night however. Old cars are built tough, she
cranked right up this morning, have to change oil as water got into it when
I was dousing the fire. If any good from all of this, at least I didn't have
any of my tacos go to waste, as usually put them wrapped in foil on the
manifold, but it was taco free last night.

Still really surprised by all this shit. When it caught fire the first time
about 2 miles away I put it out quickly and remember seeing the middle part
of the manifold glowing orange/red. I let it cool off, there was no damage
and figured I could get it home safely. Got it home safely but it backfired
a number of times as I drove it back down the Beltway 8 feeder with my
flashers going, and then on Brittmoore I punched it but it seemed to have
zero power, just put, put, along until it eventually got up near 60-70mph.
It was not until I turned the corner at my house three blocks later I saw
the smoke and realized it probably had caught fire....again.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx