Re: [BaadAssGremlins] FIRE! Plastic Eagle valve cover wanted

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] FIRE! Plastic Eagle valve cover wanted

Eddie,

Do you really want a used one?  I just replaced the one on my Spirit because
the old one was leaking so much oil.  (I kept the old one in case I needed a
dust cover for an engine in storage.)  I bought a new one from JC Whitney for
$69.  (Made by Crown.  Look under Jeep.)  It comes with the gasket.  If yours
does not have studded bridges, they have one that includes new bridges for
$79.

It was a PITA to install.  For the Spirit I removed the wiper motor and
removed the clamps on several of the cable bundles so they could move around.
The screw right by the firewall is really hard to get to.  I finally got it
out with a flexible extention and a little cussing.  I recruited my son to
put it back in.  His hands are a little thinner than mine.  He was able to
get the screw started.

Todd