[BaadAssGremlins] re: OT but insane

http://www.russoandsteele.com/featured_automobiles.html
above is a link to some 2006 consignments. Yes, some of them will be insane.
Here is insane:
In 1985 a 1971 hemi cuda convertible was worth from $15-$25,000. In 1999 a
1971 hemi cuda convertible in the same condition is worth from
$250-$500,000.  In 2003 a 1971 hemi cuda convertible sold for $800,000.  In
2005 a 1971 hemi cuda convertible sold for $3,000,000.

Does that mean all hemi cars are worth $3 million? No. Same with AMC, one
sells for $30K everyone gets out the Depends and many think all are worth
$30K. For every one that sells for $30K, dozens of others sell for
considerably less, which is the focus of a file on my site called 'amc ebay
tracking' for instance.

Much was made of this car, rare color, extremely low production (read the
numbers) and well:
4599079458

Some vehicles are worth more than others and as mentioned on my site, stuff
like parts, labor have continued to rise. Labor is about $75 a hour for
restoration. A concourse paint job is $5000-$10,000 easily. It adds up
quickly, and sometimes this is not taken into account but by all means
should be.

A trip to dozens of AMC nationals in the past two decades (including judging
many) reveals hundreds of wonderful cars. I would estimate less than 10% are
factory correct however. To me it is no big deal, however to the owners who
have painstakenly restored them it is everything!

Take care, and let's see what that blue Hemi brings, I say $450K-$650K, or
about the GNP of Rhode Island.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825