Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: O.T. But Insane

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: O.T. But Insane

LOL I stayed in El Monte for a while in the early 70's. A friend let me take his old bus a couple times. We went over this mountain and I thought we wern't going to make it, I kept downshifting.  When we peaked and merged with another freeway I was going so slow a cop pulled me over and wrote me a ticket for going too slow as the lane i I was in merged into the left lane on the next freeway. I still think I should have gotten a rebate or points off for all those speeding tickets I used to get, but don't work that way. Come to think of it I still owe for that ticket. Paul

Onree <onree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I love old VW Microbusses and some go for very big bucks. Really nice
sixties "split windows" with the small windows all around the top--21 or 23
window models--have been going for over $20K for several years now, and are
in high demand. Not many nice ones left--and they were a throwaway--rode
hard and put away wet by people who didn't know how to take care of an
air-cooled vehicle. Fortunately they were common on the west coast where
they could just die, be turned into a garden shed, but not rot away. Some of
those are being resurrected now.
The '68 on "bay window" busses are not as desirable--you can get a nice on
for$4000 or so. I had one ten years ago with a Corvair motor--a pretty easy
swap--with about double the factory horsepower and more than double the
torque. Could actually go up hills at speed in high gear, but dangerously
hard to control at high speeds--especially if windy.
Onree

on 1/2/06 8:52 AM, Scott at lordicp@xxxxxxxxx did write:

> If it was actually from the show, thats the ONLY reason it sold for as
> much as it did. People go nuts for somethin off of TV or movies.
>
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
>>
>> I was watching the Barret/Jackson auction on TV last night and there
>> were some fine cars there some for insanely high prices and others I
>> thought were sold below real value as there was no reserves. One I
>> thought was way over priced was the VW Bus from "That 70's Show" It went
>> for 24,000$ . I could see the ridiculous high price for the Dan Gurney
>> T/A Mopar as it was the car he used in his last professional race in
>> 1970, but not this POS VW bus.
>> "Doc"

Yahoo! Shopping

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS