Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: O.T. But Insane

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: O.T. But Insane

I love old VW Microbusses and some go for very big bucks. Really nice
sixties "split windows" with the small windows all around the top--21 or 23
window models--have been going for over $20K for several years now, and are
in high demand. Not many nice ones left--and they were a throwaway--rode
hard and put away wet by people who didn't know how to take care of an
air-cooled vehicle. Fortunately they were common on the west coast where
they could just die, be turned into a garden shed, but not rot away. Some of
those are being resurrected now.
The '68 on "bay window" busses are not as desirable--you can get a nice on
for$4000 or so. I had one ten years ago with a Corvair motor--a pretty easy
swap--with about double the factory horsepower and more than double the
torque. Could actually go up hills at speed in high gear, but dangerously
hard to control at high speeds--especially if windy.
Onree

on 1/2/06 8:52 AM, Scott at lordicp@xxxxxxxxx did write: