RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: shipping charges (was phsyteit/samggta+o)

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: shipping charges (was phsyteit/samggta+o)

That's too bad I have a pair of rot free fenders that I would have sold ya John. I got them for the cost of gas and would have traded ya for stuff. Next time ask.
 Davis

John W Rosa <JohnRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm not going to fault anyone for a reasonable 'handling charge'...and it doesn't
have to be going to a third party. If I sell a $5 item that will cost $1.50 to ship
via USPS, seems folks will piss and moan if the total they pat\y ventures any
higher than $6.50...yet what about ME? You think the $5 item materialized
out of thin air? It took time for me to locate, to buy and to, in some cases
stock for a lengthy time. Then there's the supplies for packing, the trip to the
post office and, of course, my time.

Some buyers expect a seller to act as a charity for their penny-pinching ways.

Let's se....$3 diecast car, sought and bought five years ago, stored safely in
unopened package and no longer available in stores....and now, YOU want one.
It bids to $5, cost $1.50 to send USPS...then there's the box, peanuts (try
buying a bag these days! THAT is a ridiculous cost!), tape...then the trip to the
PO...fuel, wear & tear on the car/truck..and again...the seller's time. But you're
gonna whine when he tells you $10 total? Yup...many will, and I say screw them.
You wanna play, you pay...again, in reasonable amounts.

Some folks buy a fender online for $50 then flip out that $40 more gets it shipped
via Greyhound...then there's the price of boxes to consider, along with the
aforementioned. But when the number tops $100 total, watch them flip out.

Another factor that should be considered- where you gonna get another one? I
recently paid $210 for a pair of fenders from Nevada. Not outrageous, right? Well,
the fenders were only $40 for the pair! But the seller had no access to Greyhound
and no interest in doing the packing. Now...is it a rip off, or do I just roll the numbers
together and say $200 for a pair of rot-free Nevada fenders....is a deal? I say deal.

The $400+ shipping example for a T-shirt is likely excessive.

OK....more than likely. ;)

John W Rosa
www.JavelinAMX.com