Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin lacing/seals wanted

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin lacing/seals wanted

There is no window lacing on Hornets or Gremlins. What in the past it
was called door jam wind lacing and on the door jam. On Hornets and
Gremlins it is the formed rubbery plastic vertical piece that snaps on
on the rear part of the door pillar and looks like the old wind lacing.
It is just decorative and just covers the sharp edge where the quarter
panel and door panel are spot welded together. He may have been
referring to the felt window channel and the inner window fuzzes as they
are called. I have a repo hatch gasket, door gaskets, window felt
channels, and inner and out door fuzzes on my orange 74 Hornet and they
fit as good or better than factory. And I know factory as my yellow
Hornet I have had for 32 years as of this feb. I got these repo parts
from Kennedy American and was pleased. OEM NOS rubber parts even though
never used have still been exposed to ozone and can be deteraited.
Quality, notice I said Quality modern repo parts are made from modern
materials. But then again you pay for what you get. OEM NOS parts in the
original box may sound like the way to go but you pay the big bucks for
them. Most times not always the repo is a better buy and quality. Also
on window gaskets it is a smart move to have a professional install
them. I used to think is was a simple thing until I see what you have to
do to do the job right. There are host of different glue's and sealers
to use. I work on my orange Hornet at a Glass/Mechanic shop so I now
know.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Try Blaser's Auto. I got a brand new old stock rear
window gasket from them. It cost a little bit
more...but it is original and a perfect fit (no leaks
like the reproduction gaskets). it is best to call
them with questions because their website is not very
informative. This guy used to be an AMC dealer and has
a lot of original parts.

Blaser's Nash, Rambler, AMC
www.blaserauto.com
3200 48th Ave.
Moline IL 61265

PH: 309-764-3571
FAX: 1-309-764-1155
E-Mail: blaserauto@xxxxxxxxxxx

--- eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> WANTED: NEED GREMLIN WINDOW LACING FOR BOTH FRONT
> DOORS  INSIDE GLASS RUBBER
> louise thompson  lthom49086@xxxxxxx 352-429-8199
> Eddie Stakes'
> Planet Houston AMX