Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: I just dont know anymore :( :( (Building my 40

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: I just dont know anymore :( :( (Building my 401)

deezildennis <dsinks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I see what your saying. But I started out with the assumption my 401
was a 9.5 CR.

I bought parts accordingly and took advice without proper knowledge of
what I really wanted.

My mistake and I am paying for it now by having to tear down my motor
again.

So heres where Im at. I want high 12's low 13's

Can that be done by leaving the heads alone and knocking down the cam
to the 214/224 grind adding the Performer intake and going with a 650
or 600 carb? Maybe even a 50 or 75 shot?

Im listening, I really am.

No way will you achieve those #s with a cold weather smooth daily driver. I am running mid 12's with highly modified heads, a custom ISKY cam 236 @ .050 540 lift, torker intake holley 650, milodon deep oil pan, my race oil pump kit, 4000 stall 727 tranny with reverse manuel shift, 456 rear gears in a frod 9" with 28" tall tires. And my car only weighs 2800 LBS.

 The only way, would be for you to go with a 100-150 nitrous shot then you are looking for trouble with a stock bottom end. ( explosion waiting)

 You will have to put up with cold starting using a choke and waiting for the engine to warm up before you go out, rough idle, and people staring cause your car sounds cool. Like I said I drive my setup on the street but with my 456 gears I stay off the highway. I would have to change to 391 gears to make it really streetable. Then swap to a smaller 25" tire for the track to makle up the difference.

 I know of an amx here in CT that the guy drove to the track 2 hrs away and raced of drag radials and turned in the 11's  then drove home. It is all what you consider  to be streetable.