[BaadAssGremlins] re: selling a car online (was new amc group)

[BaadAssGremlins] re: selling a car online (was new amc group)

"Takes more then that to sell a car over the net........Just ask Eddie."

How about this one:
http://epage.com/js/mi/c0/1791994.html

Can you believe I have been trying to sell this for 10 years? Beautiful bodystyle, only 14,000 original miles, I have driven it about 200 miles since 1992/1993. I "sold" it on ebay in 2004, and like a dumbass (ok, trying to give a person a break) I allowed payments, in this case a measley $100 per month on it. The guy welshed on me 7 months ago and I sent a registered letter demanding $900 in back payments by October 31st, 2005 or he loses previous payments and I will relist the car on ebay due to deadbeat bidder. All I have gotten is bullsheet emails since last summer like "I mailed you a payment but it came back' or 'I was on the road and sent two payments, you didn't get them?' and 'I was sick and out of work" to name a few.

Too bad, not my problem it is breach of contract and I am a patient man, but if I was a car lot they would have reposessed this vehicle (which is still in my posession here) but it would have been repoed after ONE missed payment, a towing fee, a storage fee and repo fee would have been applied which since I have done repo work in Houston, this would have easily been over $500 in fees.

So I guess my comment is that Davis has a valid point. It IS tough to sell a car over the internet. It is loaded with scams, nigerians, and crap like this 'official check' Paige just got in, look closely, $4800 would come in real handy right now......look closer, it four thousand eight HUNDED dollars, at least if you are going to scam, learn to spell!!!!

And then there is my little Hornet Sportabout wagon. Yes, it "sold" (uhm, just like my 71 Matador shown here "sold" on ebay) but buyer backed out when he realized it would cost too much to ship the car to VA. This is the auction auction. I asked him to pay my list fees, final credit fees, and also relist fees of which he readily agreed, so got over $100, still I have the little car:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4561296222&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAS:US:3

So yup, selling a car on the internet is loaded with all sorts of things, good, and bad, there is a file on my website called 'ebay car buying horror stories' to name one!

Your results may vary, I have sold about 10 cars on internet no problem, however, it is the experiences like above 71 Matador and 74 Hornet that really suck that you remember!

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx