RE: [BaadAssGremlins] amo show numbers

-----Original Message-----
From: eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I spoke with Jeff Kennedy today and he told me there were 149 cars
'officially' at the Atlanta show, not bad, same number we had here in
Houston at the Nationals in 2001. My guess would be however as we were
talking baout the other day here is that probably 30-50 more cars out in
the
parking lot! Always one of my major peeves why people will drive their
AMC
(insert model here) 500+ miles to a major show, only to leave it in the
parking lot.

--------------

Sounds like a good reason to peruse the lot, too!

But seriously, a NATIONAL event only draws 150 cars??
Maybe the '98 Kenosha met jaded me, but I'd expect
double that number, considering local events can draw
75 cars regularly.

Maybe there needs to be a show staffer posted at the
lot entrance that grants 'free' showfield entry to ANY
AMC that arrives (un-judged and non-preferred, non-
categorized parking on the field). A way to get them
out of the parking lot and on the field.

Folks needs to let go of the 'gotta be perfect' thing
that keeps them from showing off their cars. Hey, I'm
anal-retentive as all heck...I spot mistakes and
imperfections on the nicest of show cars (and offer
those observations to owners, without intending to
insult....it don't always work out that way, tho!).
But I do it to spread more 'correct' info around, as
so much is just plain wrong. But the most delapidated,
rotted, beaten-down Pacer wagon is, to me, a far better
sight than the nicest Trans Am ever shown. When I hit
the local cruises, I always make a flourishing ass out
of myself welcoming ANY AMC that shows up, whether it's
a 5 or a 1. The AMC owner feels better about having come
and the other guys wonder what's so great about the beige
rust-bucket....and maybe one or two will ask questions
about it...and the word spreads.

Anyway...the point is...get it out there! Let the negative
comments from the know-nothings bounce off. Every AMC I've
ever driven down the road has always gotten at least one
thumbs up from somebody that remembers them.

Pride is infectious. If you act like it's hot sh*t, others
will absorb that feeling. The knuckleheads...will stay
knuckleheads.

John