Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Digest Number 843

Davis,
It is possible that you saw 73 cars with the three piece grill but this
doesn't mean they came from the factory that way.I have seen two
Gremlins with early Hornet grills as well but I am pretty positive they
did not come from the factory that way. As you know--being pretty
knowledgeable about Gremlins--the 74 Redesign had several minor changes
including huge ugly bumpers with no plastic filler panel between the
car and the bumper, different indentations on the rear quarter
panels(from horizontal to diagonal) 100mph speedos instead of 120mph,
moving the license plate from below the bumper to below the fuel filler
and the aforementioned grills. There were also some 74s which had the
push button latch for the rear hatch instead of the lever.   I put
AFAIK in my other posting because when it comes to AMC, there is no way
that you can say something is "certain" If they ran out of a part they
would just grab a part from a bin and bolt it on.  Especially in 74
when they actually had an extra long model year(I believe because of
the higher emissions standards and unleaded fuel in 75) Ah, now I'm
rambling. Anyway, I have loads of AMC docs and none mention the
possibility of this grill starting in late '73 but that may mean
nothing.
Peace
Paul

Subject: Re: Re: NOS Gremlin Grill on eBay

Paul,
  No offense taken. I see you have conflicting statemeants. First you
said they did not change then you say AFAIK.
   I have seen 73 gremlins with the 3 piece grilles and could show you
many pics but that isn't proof. Prove to me that the grilles were not
changed in mid year.
  I have my information from Tom Benvie. I also have been researching
and building gremlins for the passed 18 years. I am on my 8th gremlin.
I am sure there are others out there that have been into grems alot
longer but I have learned alot and seen alot. ( not that I know it all
)
  I wounder if Eddie or some one has a parts book or some other
documentation to show when the change was exactally.
  Also in 73 the bumpers were changed and 5MPH bumpers were added. The
design on the door panels is different. 72 did have the gremlin guy
plaque on the door pannel as well. Did you also know that some 70
gremlins didn't have a glovebox? Mine was one of those gremlins and I
just located a dash incert that goes where it is supposed to be.
  Anyway I am rambling now.
  Davis