[BaadAssGremlins] Re: running changes (was gremlin nos grill)

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: running changes (was gremlin nos grill)

Speaking of mid year changes, and also 74 model year, AMC asked for, and
got, a extension from the Feds to continue production on 1974 models to take
advantage of changing emissions laws. Production which was supposed to stop
July 30th, 1974 on the 1974 models (it began Aug 1st, 1973) continued on
into November 1974. My 74 Gremlin which I recently sold for $2000, was a
July 1974 build.......and a 1975 production color of J7, not found in any
production books, paint chip charts, anything as it was not supposed to be
offered for 1974. The color is Jade Green. A more damning mid year (or
running change as we like to call them) shows up here on one of AMC's paint
suppliers for 1974:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts%20&%20Literature/new_paint/images/74_pcc_martin_senour.jpg

I like to sometimes look at original color catalogs from AMC, but you can't
use them as a sole source as many times you are looking at stuff that never
made it to production, or stuff AMC airbrushed heavily. A excellent example
of this is the 1973 AMX & Javelin photo at the track for instance. I don't
know if that two page photo from the catalog is on the internet, but if not,
I'll be more than happy to take a photo and post it here, only because to me
it is sort of a Where's Waldo of AMC photos!

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx