Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: NOS Gremlin Grill on eBay

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: NOS Gremlin Grill on eBay

Title: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: NOS Gremlin Grill on eBay
Grill surround was definitely shiny, not dull. Rough, yes, but not dull. Not chrome bumper shiny, but a rattle-can aluminum paint shiny, but with sand in it. This was a very early production car. Look at the pictures in the printed promo material when the Gremlin first came out--grill is definitely has more shine to it than the pictures in the '71 and '72 AMC brochures. This sure could have been a "running change" with no change in part number--just a change in the paint the used on the plastic grill.
Onree

on 6/24/05 4:08 AM, Davis Martin at martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx did write:

The grilles were not shiney it was a dull rough finish kinda like splatter. I have one here in nos condition except for the split in the bottom middle. The grill you got as a replacemeant must have been a paintable version. If you ordred the X package the grille was painted body color. That was the only difference in grilles from 70 to early 73.
Eddie,
" If it was an X model the grill was painted body color" You are correct no X till the 3 piece grille came out in late 73.
Davis

ree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know that there was at least one grill change fairly early on. In the spring of 1972 I had to replace the grill in my '70 (purchased first week of April, 1970) after somebody backed a trailer-hitch in to it. The replacement silver surrounding part was not as shiny and was also darker compared to the original 1970 grille. The center part on the original was a very dark grey, the replacement was black. None of this was really obvious, unless you had the two grills side-by-side, which I did. Cost was only about $35 from the dealer if I remember right--which maybe I don't. I wish now that I had bought about a dozen of them, but $35 sure didn't seem cheap at the time.
Onree

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS