Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: NOS Gremlin Grill on eBay

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: NOS Gremlin Grill on eBay

The grilles were not shiney it was a dull rough finish kinda like splatter. I have one here in nos condition except for the split in the bottom middle. The grill you got as a replacemeant must have been a paintable version. If you ordred the X package the grille was painted body color. That was the only difference in grilles from 70 to early 73.
 Eddie,
" If it was an X model the grill was painted body color" You are correct no X till the 3 piece grille came out in late 73.
 Davis

ree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know that there was at least one grill change fairly early on. In the spring of 1972 I had to replace the grill in my '70 (purchased first week of April, 1970) after somebody backed a trailer-hitch in to it. The replacement silver surrounding part was not as shiny and was also darker compared to the original 1970 grille. The center part on the original was a very dark grey, the replacement was black. None of this was really obvious, unless you had the two grills side-by-side, which I did. Cost was only about $35 from the dealer if I remember right--which maybe I don't. I wish now that I had bought about a dozen of them, but $35 sure didn't seem cheap at the time.
Onree

on 6/23/05 9:28 AM, eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx did write:

Davis, but there were however 71, 72 Gremlin X editions made, no? Just no little red X in the grill? Speaking of Gremmies, not sure some of you would be interested in this NOS stripe kit I have on ebay, but my suggestion as to what to do with it in the auction is simply take it to a graphics shop, make copies, and sell them. Neat three color stripe for one whole side of car, fender, door, 1/4:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=88433&item=5591349910&rd=1 <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=88433&amp;item=5591349910&amp;rd=1>
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825