Re: [BaadAssGremlins] trans fluid in the radiator??

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] trans fluid in the radiator??

Drop the pan and flush the tranny out bypass the cooler in the radiator
and add an aftermarket one. Sorry for your bad luck and your family's
loss.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Radiator blew out on my 67 Ambassador (290)convertible
Monday night.Went to see my Aunt after my cousin
passed away at age  58 from a fast moving lung
cancer(only diagnosed a month ago)!!!!! Radiator Blew
all over her driveway. Core was rotted bad...so i took
the one from my other 67 Ambassasdor (343 car) to the
rad shop. It pressure tested/flow tested  fine,he also
flushed it out. I installed it Thursday night after
the visitation at the funeral home..BUT...after
warming it all up and cooling it down...it "appears"
to have a layer of red tranny fluid floating on top of
the coolant in the top tank! I Assume the in  tank
tranny cooler blew out...BUT I DID NOT have the heart
to see if the tranny fluid was milky!!I had added two
bottles of CarQuest anti rust to the coolant(looks
white). The tranny was rebuilt a few years ago...works
really super(at-least it "DID").My luck keeps getting
WORSE lately. Any suggestions "IF" i see milky tranny
fluid? Being laid off...prohibits a rebuild of the
trans. I HAVE to get my wifes 727 trans done for her
AMX....new 401 has been ready for almost a year!!
Also need to have the fellow do the trans for my 401
Gremlin. Gotta go to bed...pall bearer in the morning!
Wish me luck...if possible,Joe

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

--- End Message ---