RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC THEFT in Jersey

Title: Message

-----Original Message-----
From: eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

 A few comments here.  I can't recall the last time someone stole a AMC anything ..
 Chances are the crooks were interested in money, or valuables in the home and were
 casing it for future whatever. Again, it appears to me that they are after something else
 besides a old Rambler.

Except it wasn't an 'old Rambler' but a fairly high-end (for AMCs) and well-known
(for AMCs) vintage car. In both visits, their interest was the garage. Had they been
seeking entry into the home, it would have been stealthier to go in through the back
door rather than fiddle out front with the biggest door on the place. Further, cash and
other valuables will be in every home on the block, in every neighborhood, in every
state. Why would they risk returning to the very same home to fiddle with the very
same garage? Because what they seek is in that one garage. WHY they want it is
not a part of the equation. Remember the video of the guy sneaking into his neighbor's
back yard to steal the woman's undies from the clothesline repeatedly? Before seeing
that, would you have believed that was what he was after? It might make no sense to
you and I, but it only has to be reasonable to the thief.

Didn't the car owner have a cell phone with camera to take these people's photos?

No. And would you bet your life they weren't armed and wouldn't get awful upset that
you took the photo? Thinking with your nuts gets people dead. Self-preservation comes
first- catching them is secondary.

Did the neighbor call 911? Breaking and entering is a felony, and police have a under
 5 minute response time for that!

Except they hadn't broken in yet, nor entered yet.

It is good that the neighbor called police, but she should have not told these people she
was and shuold have called 911 silently.

And if the cops are slow enough to respond, the car is gone. I'd be far happier knowing
they left without it.

So hopefully you will realize that these people, whoever they are, were not after a old AMC.
Furthermore, if they were serious, it would already be gone.

There are pros, and there are amatuers. Even amateurs can get lucky. They have to start
somewhere. This attempt didn't fly. Anyone that wishes to tempt them with their own car
can leave it on the lawn. Those that don't can take the precaustions they see fit to- which
is the reason for the warning.

What bothers me most is while something obviously happened, the car owner 'believed'
these characters..these people could have told the car owner they got the info from
 John Paul II instead off website somewhere.

...because then we would have believed them? The point isn't WHERE the info came from
or what they claimed. It's that they were there, looking for access to that car and that they
haven't been caught. If there's a report of a tiger running loose in my neighborhood, I'm not
putting my kid on the porch to prove tigers aren't indigenous to northern New Jersey. I'll
protect the kid first, THEN wait to see if a tiger is ever caught.

Not offended, just surprised that you're concentrating on the wrong point of the warning.
Still love ya though...just not THAT way.  ; )

John