[BaadAssGremlins] Re: What Traction Bars are YOU using??

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: What Traction Bars are YOU using??

ok...heres the bars I've got:
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?
target=partdetail.asp&Ntt=traction+bars&N=400079+4294881589+4294881587
+4294908216&part=CEE%2D2101&autoview=sku&Ntk=KeywordSearch

and I went w/ these for a few reasons...for starters...I KNEW that
they were too long...and thats what I wanted so I could put the
snubber where I wanted it...also...I DID NOT want a lower stud on my
shocks...so I got some monroe shocks that use a 10mm bolt...

heres a pic of them on the car...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/tractionbar.jpg

its all about adjustability...tho...the only prob I have is that I
can't run the front U bolt on the bars that keep them out of the
ground when braking or using reverse...tho I don't think its cause of
the bars...cause even if I moved the mount back...there is a good
chance that it would get into the tire...the car does sit kinda low...

hope that helps...

and if you can get bars done just how you want/need them for a case
and be able to get in the middle of it and hang w/ a bud all at the
sametime...I'd be all over that one... ;)

> Hey Simms,
>
> Hadn't heard of that one, the Cebby II, we talking like a '64-'66?
> Have any pictures?
>
> Thats exactly what I saw when sizing up a universal set, it would
be
> a real hack job.  And although my car is far from perfect, I
thought
> I should be at least neat when it comes to traction.
>
>   I'm going to chat with a welding buddy this weekend, he makes all
> sorts of stuff, roll bars, roll cages, push bars.  He's a Jeep guy
> and does good work.  I'm betting he can fab me a suitable set of
> traction bars and his prices are good.  His quote for a front push
> bar with provisions for driving lights...a case of beer and an
> afternoon!!

'Thanks & Giving.'